Aside from Rogaine and finasteride, how can I regrow and thicken my hair?
Answer by Nature Crazy:
Following a healthy diet while utilizing a few key natural supplements proven through science will be critical for those wanting to regrow and thicken hair.
The field of epigenetics (which was a direct result of the work carried out at the human genome project) demonstrates that while the DNA in our make-up remains fixed the epigenome continually responds to our diet and living conditions, enabling an entire alteration in genetic expression.
Here’s a list of scientifically proven compounds.
1. Scutellaria baicalensis enhances hair growth and prevents further hair loss by inhibiting DHT binding with the androgen receptor and regulating the hair growth factor. In essence, this forces your follicles to transition from the telogen to anagen growth phase, which helps puts a stop to widespread hair loss.
2. Supplementing with Ecklonia Cava which is one of the most multifaceted supplements you can add to your routine. It stimulates hair growth, prevent hair follicle death, and reduces DHT activity in a natural way.
3. Supplementing with a combination of Curcumin and Resveratrol downregulates the androgen receptor and impedes GSK-3beta, which is responsible for overflow of sebum on the scalp. They also block the Cannabinnoid receptor-1 which is responsible for detrimental hair growth cues due to stress and anxiety. Stress related hair loss is one of the most prevalent types of hair loss in the world today, and has very little to do with DHT or Genetics.
4. If your liver starts to underperform it cannot properly remove hormones and toxins from our body including free testosterone and DHT. Supplementing with milk thistle on a regular basis can help improve the functioning of your liver and thus improve your overall health and hair.
5. Specific hormones, called prostaglandins, can slow hair follicle growth and when left unchecked greatly contribute to hair loss by allowing another hormone called interleukin 6 to shorten the anagen hair growth stage and extend the catagen hair sleeping stage. Using an Omega-3 supplement on a daily basis helps to suppress this inflammatory prostaglandin which is a direct response to DHT.
6. The supplements help your body from the inside out, and an effective topical directly addresses the scalp and hair from another front. If at all possible, try to avoid chemicals and opt for a natural topical that does not create dependent hairs but rather stimulates and aids hair growth naturally.
7. Steer clear of chemical laced shampoos and opt for only natural hair care products. The wrong products strip your hair of its protective oils, which causes breakage and exacerbates your hair loss. Our rule of thumb when choosing a new shampoo is to avoid the following ingredients. Sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, propylene glycol, PEG, DEA, TEA, parabens, and fragrances.
If you want more tips check out our website at NatureCrazy.com