Unlike Acute Telogen Effluvium, this type of Telogen Effluvium may carry on for years in patterns which fluctuate. Chronic Telogen Effluvium is a long term condition. Instead of your hair thickening back to its original state, you might still be experiencing gradual diffusing of your hair over a period of years. Other key differences include: severe hair loss in the early stages that may lead to large clumps of hair being dislodged when brushing or pulling the hair, associated hair and scalp pain, as well as no particular trigger for the onset of Chronic Telogen Effluvium.
Although Chronic Telogen Effluvium typically occurs because you have failed to get to the rood cause of the original problem it should also be stressed that, in some instances, the cause for Chronic Telogen Effluvium does not have to necessarily be a traumatic event or one which involves an extraordinary amount of stress. In fact, some Chronic Telogen Effluvium sufferers are unable to identify the main trigger for the onset. Sometimes there can be other factors at play. For example, hormones play a vital role in the health of your hair follicles and can even effect the quality of the hair that your scalp produces. A perfect example of this are those suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome typically experience some degree of hair loss if they have a genetic prediposition.
The good news is that Chronic Telogen Effluvium can also be reversed but its important to get to the root cause of the problem as opposed to treating the symptoms with drug based hair products. Here are our top tips for reversing Chronic Telogen Effluvium.
1. (This first tip is for women only) Consider supplementing with natural progesterone as most people suffering have a deficency of Progesterone. It’s important to understand that Progesterone acts as a precursor for many other important hormones in the body such as estrogen and cortisone.
2. Consider utilizing iodine every day. Many people suffering from Chronic Telogen Effluvium have an imbalance in the thyroid. Low and/or heightened levels of thyroid hormones can result in diffuse hair loss. For example, T4 lengthens the Anagen hair growth phase and down regulates growth factor-beta2 in the hair follicle. Also consider utilzing Ecklonia Cava, a natural compound that helps the thyroid perform its best.
3. Also consider supplementing with a strong high dose B complex to help repair energy metabolism. When we are severely malnourished, which could be from a number of factors including cellular starvation, chronic physical stress, or just eating crap and being predisposed to metabolic issues due to genes, our sugar metabolism is plummeted. This is especially true for diffuse thinners and chronic telogen effluvium sufferers. The key is getting the energy metabolism to work correctly again. We suggest taking a B complex every day to help restore severely depleted B vitamins.
4. Science is now showing us chronic telogen effluvium may also be a result of a deficiency in the immune system, since in many cases the hair can re-grow spontaneously. As a matter of fact, Scientists are now discovering that almost all types of chronic auto-immune diseases are directly tied to stress and inflammation which can cause deficiencies in the immune system. And chronic telogen effluvium hair loss is no exception. Eating a diet rich in omega-3 fats and low in omega-6 fats is the very best way to reverse chronic inflammation damage and return our bodies to a state of balance. Taking an omega-3 supplement every day should help speed your recovery along even more. We recommend Krill Oil.
5. It’s always critical to use a topical aid to boost your hair and help alleviate the shedding until you get your body hormones under control. Your diet and the supplements help your body from the inside out, and an effective topical directly addresses the scalp and hair from another front. Avoid chemical based products such as Minxoidil and opt for a natural topical that does not create dependent hairs but rather stimulates and aids hair growth in a natural way In this case, we wholly endorse Nature Crazy’s Daily And Nightly TE Hair Tonic’s which contains a vast array of essential oils and other natural powerful ingredients that can help thicken your hair. In fact, a recent study showed that just one of our natural ingredients outperformed Minoxidil (Rogaine) by itself! The key difference is you can ween off our product once your hair is back to normal.
6. The last but not the least step is to avoid traditional shampoos and only use natural hair care products. You can probably pick out shampoo faster than it takes you to read our recommendations, but accidently snagging a bad one can strip your hair of protective oils, cause breakage, and even contribute to hair loss which means choosing one with no sulfates or parabens. This is especially true when you are suffering from Chronic Telogen Effluvium. It’s critical that you continue to wash every day to remove buildup so the new hair can easily come in. So really make sure to avoid sulfates and pick out a great shampoo. If you’re wondering what a good shampoo is anything with essential oils or coconut oil. In this case, we also wholly endorse and recommend Nature Crazy’s Just Really Thick Hair shampoo and conditioner.
Keep in mind that reversing any type of damage in the body is a process, requiring a search into your whole body. What factors effecting one person’s Chronic Telogen Effluvium may not effect another which is why some people recover quicker than others. Discovering these factors and triggers can make all the difference.