My answer to I have lost my thick hair because of psoriasis. How can I grow my hair?
Answer by Nature Crazy:
Psoriasis affects between 3 to 5 percent of the world's population. Normal skin cells take about 30 days to naturally shed through a process known as apoptosis. Psoriatic skin cells, on the other hand, complete this cycle in just 3 to 4 days, and the natural shedding process is not properly regulated. The Psoriatic skin cells then pile up on the skin and become inflamed, which leads to those infamous lesions, plaques, and patches on the surface. This can also cause problems with hair and scalp health and many psoriasis sufferers experience thinning of their hair as a result.
The good news is that you reverse this scalp condition, but you have to get to the root cause as opposed to treating the symptoms. Once you do the thickness of your hair will drastically improve.
Here are our top 7 tips proven through scientific research that you should consider.
1. Consider supplementing with bile acids. Problems with bile flow or gallbladder congestion are common in psoriasis sufferers and although Bile may not be one of the most glorious bodily substances, it is definitely one of the most important. It helps our bodies to utilize fat soluble vitamins, like vitamins A, D, E, and K. If one is deficient in bile then toxic debris in the body backs up, and can start clogging the intestines and then spill over into the bloodstream. Since our bodies have no other way of disposing of these harmful chemicals, we simply eliminate it through the skin in the form of serious inflammation and eruptions. Thus, a bile acid deficiency can result in a serious inflammation. Other than supplemental bile salts, Lecithin and Milk Thistle will also help to improve bile production.
2. The second secret is supplementing with a good probiotic. We tend to underestimate the importance of our digestive health and the link between organs and health when it comes to our overall wellbeing, especially in terms of our skin and scalp issues. As a matter of fact a team of international researchers found that the use of specific probiotics greatly reduced stress related skin inflammation. This is why you should be supplementing with a probiotic that supports proper digestion, reduces inflammation, and improves your immune system. Just take one in the morning to start restoring your digestive health.
3. Numerous studies and research has shown that many chronic illnesses are associated with low stomach acid levels, and psoriasis is no exception. It's true that a sufficient amount of stomach acid is critical, as it aids in the digestive process. The problem is that our modern day diets typically deplete all of the necessary stomach juices our body needs to break down food and allow it to be absorbed by the intestines. There is a way to restore balance though. You can supplement with Betaine Hydrochloric acid, which can help to clear away pathogens and improve digestion. This gives your body the ability to produce the digestive enzymes it needs to properly break down and absorb your food. We recommend taking one capsule with a meal. If you don’t experience any discomfort in the stomach, then you can raise the number of capsules you take.
4. The fourth tip to remedying Psoriasis is to supplement with high-polyphenol olive juice extract topically or internally. This olive juice extract also referred to as Hydroxytyrosol is an incredibly powerful antioxidant that has the unique ability to hydrate scaly, flaky, itchy skin. Hydroxytyrosol’s ability to provide psoriasis relief was actually discovered by accident when researchers were examining cardiovascular effects of a proprietary olive polyphenol formula. Though this original study was not intended as a trial for skin or scalp issues, the doctor found that the patients with skin disorders had a significant improvement in their skin lesions! One 71 year old man who had been using conventional treatments for years had 80% of his lesions disappear after just two months! In order to receive the maximum benefits of the hydroxytyrosol you should consume four to six ounces of virgin olive oil a day. As an alternative to using extra virgin olive oil, we recommend you purchase hydroxytyrosol in tincture or capsule format.
5. The fifth recommendation we have for you is taking an Omega-3 supplement. This is due to the fact that some scientists believe that psoriasis is attributed to an immune system deficiency, especially since it can subside spontaneously in many cases. A number of scientists are now discovering that nearly all autoimmune diseases are directly tried to stress and inflammation. Psoriasis falls into this category. Therefore, eating a diet that is rich in Omega-3 fast and low in Omega-6 fats can help you to reverse the damage caused by chronic inflammation. Moreover, it has the ability to return your body to a state of natural balance. We suggest taking one Omega-3 supplement every day, preferably Krill Oil.
6. The sixth secret we highly recommend is taking a multivitamin that contains zinc, vitamin B, vitamin A and C, as these substances are typically very low in those suffering from psoriasis. You should be taking one every day in order to heal your body from within and stop the eruptions.
7. The seventh tip is not what you should do, but what you shouldn't do. Avoid shampoos that contain sulfates as well as chemicals. The surfactants in these shampoo strip the natural oils from your hair. The trouble is that you need these oils to keep your scalp hydrated and free of flakes. We recommend using a 100% natural shampoo that can remove flakes but also soothe and hydrate the skin. Nature Crazy fully endorses our all natural shampoo formula that is specifically formulated for those with scaly, flakey scalp conditions. Use it and just watch the flakes vanish from your scalp but remember any topical shampoo is just a band aid and should only have to be used temporarily. You want to solve the issues internally.
8. If you’d like to accelerate the hair growth process you can work a proven topical into your routine. The adjustment to your diet and the key supplements help your body from the inside out, and an effective topical directly addresses the scalp and hair from another front. Avoid chemicals and opt for a natural topical that does not create dependent hairs but rather stimulates and aids hair growth in a natural way. You may have heard that essential oils topically are effective against thinning hair. Well this is true, essential oils and a variety of other natural compounds can thicken hair and a recent scientific study even showed that Rosemary Essential Oil by itself outperformed Minoxidil which is the ingredient in the mainstream product Rogaine. (Here is a link to that study below.) You should consider adding essential into your hair loss routine.
If you are really experiencing difficulty with your thinning hair and would really like to accelerate the process you can also opt for a more potent natural topical. In this case, we wholly endorse Nature Crazy’s Scalp Tonic which includes an additional array of essential oils and other natural powerful ingredients that can help thicken your hair.
The key take away is that reversing any type of damage in the body is a process, requiring a search into your whole body. What factors effecting one person's psoriasis / thinning hair may not effect another which is why some people recover quicker than others. Discovering these factors and triggers can make all the difference. Every person has a unique biochemistry and specific set of problems, therefore which specific supplements that will be most helpful can vary. For more information, about action steps you can take just go to our website here www.naturecrazy.com