Our answer to Does hair recover 100% from chronic telogen effluvium?
Answer by Nature Crazy:
Unlike Acute Telogen Effluvium, Chronic Telogen Effluvium may carry on for years in patterns which fluctuate. In other words, Chronic Telogen Effluvium is a long-term condition. Instead of your hair thickening back to its original state, you might still be experiencing gradual diffusing of your hair over a period of years. Other key differences include: constant hair and scalp pain, as well as no particular noticeable trigger for the onset of Chronic Telogen Effluvium.
Although Chronic Telogen Effluvium typically occurs because you have failed to get to the root cause of the original telogen effluvium it should also be stressed that, in some instances, the cause for Chronic Telogen Effluvium does not have to necessarily be a traumatic event or one which involves an extraordinary amount of stress. In fact, some Chronic Telogen Effluvium sufferers are unable to identify the main trigger for the onset. Sometimes there can be other factors at play. For example, hormones play a vital role in the health of your hair follicles and can even effect the quality of the hair that your scalp produces. A perfect example of this are women suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome who typically experience some degree of hair loss if they have a genetic predisposition.
The good news is that you are more than capable of recovering 100% from Chronic Telogen Effluvium and the damage to the body but it’s critical that you get to the root cause of the problem as opposed to treating the symptoms externally with drug based hair products. Reversing any type of damage in the body is a process, requiring a search into your whole body. What factors effecting one person’s Chronic Telogen Effluvium may not effect another which is why some people recover quicker than others.
Here are 6 recommendations proven through science that will naturally thicken your hair and help put a halt to Chronic Telogen Effluvium.
1. Consider supplementing with natural progesterone as most women suffering from chronic hair loss have a deficiency of Progesterone. It’s important to understand that Progesterone acts as a precursor for many other important hormones in the body and a drop in its production will cause a spike in cortisol, the stress hormone. Applying between 15 to 20 milligrams of a high-quality progesterone cream is recommended.
2. Consider supplementing with Iodine every day. Many people suffering from Chronic Telogen Effluvium have an undiagnosed thyroid problem and low and/or heightened levels of thyroid hormones can result in diffuse hair loss. For example, T4 lengthens the Anagen hair growth phase and down regulates growth factor-beta2 in the hair follicle which is extremely important for hair growth. Taking Iodine will help optimize and correct thyroid function. We recommend a quality brand.
3. Supplementing with a combination of Curcumin and Resveratrol downregulates the androgen receptor and impedes GSK-3beta, which is responsible for overflow of sebum on the scalp. They also block the Cannabinnoid receptor-1 which is responsible for detrimental hair growth cues due to stress and anxiety. Stress related hair loss is one of the most prevalent types of hair loss in the world today, and has very little to do with Genetics. These two supplements will help chronic telogen effluvium sufferers take that hair regrowth obstacle out of the way. We recommend supplementing with both Curcumin and resveratrol daily.
4. Scientists are now discovering that almost all types of chronic auto-immune diseases are directly tied to stress and inflammation which can cause deficiencies in the immune system. And chronic telogen effluvium hair loss is no exception. Eating a diet rich in omega-3 fats and low in omega-6 fats is the very best way to reverse chronic inflammation damage and return our bodies to a state of balance. Taking an omega-3 supplement every day should help speed your recovery along even more. We recommend Krill Oil.
5. It’s always critical to use a topical aid to boost your hair and help alleviate the shedding until you get your body hormones under control. Your diet and the supplements help your body from the inside out, and an effective topical directly addresses the scalp and hair from another front. Avoid chemical based products such as Minoxidil and opt for a natural topical that does not create dependent hairs but rather stimulates and aids hair growth in a natural way. In this case, we wholly endorse Nature Crazy’s Daily And Nightly Hair Tonics.
6. The last but not the least step is to avoid traditional shampoos and only use natural hair care products. You can probably pick out shampoo faster than it takes you to read our recommendations, but accidently snagging a bad one can strip your hair of protective oils, cause breakage, and even contribute to hair loss which means choosing one with no sulfates or parabens. This is especially true when you are suffering from Chronic Telogen Effluvium. It’s critical that you continue to wash every day to remove buildup so the new hair can easily come in. So really make sure to avoid sulfates and pick out a great shampoo. If you’re wondering what a good shampoo is anything with essential oils or coconut oil. In this case, we also wholly endorse and recommend Nature Crazy’s daily shampoo and conditioner.